Title block orientation

BGD

hi,

I designed my own title block and have saved it as a plugin resource. This title block was created in Landscape orientation and can be used on landscape drawings.

Is it possible to change the orientation of this title block as vertical (portrait) and save as another polug in object that could be used for portrait drawings?

Thanks for helping.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @BGD,

Yes, you could duplicate the saved resource and then edit the duplicated resource and set its Orientation to Portrait. Another thing you could do is to simply use Fit To Page or Fit To Printable area Sheet Size for the Title Block Border and it will automatically fit to your page.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...
On 2/10/2020 at 2:10 PM, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello @BGD,

Yes, you could duplicate the saved resource and then edit the duplicated resource and set its Orientation to Portrait. Another thing you could do is to simply use Fit To Page or Fit To Printable area Sheet Size for the Title Block Border and it will automatically fit to your page.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hi Nikolay,

Sorry to come to this a few years later, but I wondered if you can explain how to set it to Fit to Page? 

I'm new to Vectorworks - I've managed to set up a title block at A3 landscape, but when I make a sheet larger at A2 portrait, I'm struggling. I can't seem to edit the orientation as it's locked. I can't remember how I go back to the main settings for it to adjust some of the settings.

Thank you

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @deadtomorrow,

You probably have a style that your TBB uses. In order to edit the style you can select Edit Style in the TBB OIP and make the style changes in the dialog that opens.

image.png

Fit to Page and Fit To Printable Area are options in the Sheet Size popup.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

5 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello @deadtomorrow,

You probably have a style that your TBB uses. In order to edit the style you can select Edit Style in the TBB OIP and make the style changes in the dialog that opens.

image.png

Fit to Page and Fit To Printable Area are options in the Sheet Size popup.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Thank you very much for the fast and detailed reply, that has worked perfectly

• Like 1