Revision Cloud crashes again...........!!!

tgm

Has anyone else had the Revision Cloud tool crash on them while drawing??? I reported this problem a number of times and I still have no answer as to why it is happening or what is being done about it. I have a simple two layer file with one layer at 1:1 and the other at 1/2":1'0". I opened up the tool with all the pref's set at the default and when the cloud was dragged to size, it was out os shape, the file locked up (nothing would work at all) and I could not delete the cloud. I still can't! When you close and re-open the drawing the drawing opens very slowly and you can't use any tools or select anything. Locked up solid!

When I open Windows Task Manager, whatever the file is doing it is using my complete system meemory.

Definitely a problem.

Why can't anyone at NNA reproduce this problem??

I have the file ready to send for evaluation.

Tom in PA

WinXP VW11.5.1

EJ,

Not quite that easy. Revion Cloud PIO dates are the same as all other PIO, 7/6/2005. I have a new 11.5.1 install because I had problems in some other areas also. I had previously sent one of these files to Katie for evaluation and was informed it had to do with Layer Scale. I don't think so as I have been using the tool since the early MiniCad days with no problems until version 11.0 came along. This is some type of software issue internally, I'll bet money on it.

Just like the slowness issue for deleting callouts along with screen flicker when deleting.

There are some deep seeded issues to be addressed here by NNA and anytime a post is made we here nothing from the people who are responsible for the software.

Any other ideas??

I'll send you the file if you like.

Thanks,

Tom in PA

Win XP

I've had that problem as well with the revision cloud. It stemmed from dragging or copy/pasting a cloud between two different layer scales. My advice would be to NEVER copy/paste a cloud at all, but make each one fresh. It also seems that revision clouds are not happy when the layer scale is closer to real world scales.

Grant,

This last file in question was a new cloud generated on a single layer as stated above. I have a few examples of this as the cloud cannot be deleted. After the file opens slowly, if you even go near the cloud and try to click on it or anything near it, crash it goes.

Just a bad situation as some of the files I have had to redraw because of it.

Thanks,

Tom in PA

Grant,

No. The layer I have it on is the 1/2"=1'-0" scale. I have used this tool before 11.0 on all scale layers without a problem. Even with 11.5.1 I have hundreds of examples of the cloud on other than 1:1 layer scale.

I am not trying to transfer/copy/paste, just making new on each layer.

thanks,

Tom in PA

WinXP