2020 truss rotation removes anything that's not generic solid

Sebastiaan

Question

Hi all,

I am working for a client that made some customisations to the trusses intheir library.

They added some polylines to the 3d part of the base symbol of the truss to make the trusses recognisable in 3D. 

Now we are finding that in 2020 whenever a truss is rotated. All geometry within the symbol that is not a generic solid, is not brought over to the ****-3D symbol that is created upon rotation. This was working fine in 2019. Please look at the attached screen recordings.

for instance I tried adding an extrude to the truss. This dissapeares upon rotation. As soon as I convert this to generic solid, it stays.

Also, they used a nested symbol inside the truss symbol and applied a record on that nested symbol. Now when a truss is rotated. that nested symbol is no longer in the truss. Only a copy of anything that's a generic solid geometry within the symbol. So also the record applied to nested symbol has dissapeared. And their worksheets that they had setup in 2019 do not any more count the objects with a record that they could previously count in 2019. Resulting on faulty object counts. 

We could workaround the record issue by attaching the record to the base symbol of the truss in stead of the nested symbol.

The disappearing geometry however is an issue that needs to be fixed imo.

3 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Rob Books said:

Can you attach a file of the truss?  I think this might be due in part to the blowing away of anything that is planar when converting to a rotatable truss object.  

Hi Rob,

Yes, please find the file attached tothis post.

The removed items are indeed planar. But they where inserted on the 3d plane in the 3d part of the base truss symbol. Why would they have to be blown away if they are on a 3d plane? Could it be made possible to only remove the planar items that are actually in the 2d portion of the symbol?

Also my client based their whole counting system on nested symbols with records inside their trusses, instruments etc. In 2020 now all their nested symbols in trusses are lost upon rotation of a truss.

truss rotation 2020.vwx

Edited by Sebastiaan