Cabling Motors

BMYDesign

I can't be of much help, because I don't know the application.  Some questions.

Drawing a feeder cable to a bistro would be straight forward.  What do you want coming out of the distro?  Is a Soca 7 a multi cable powering multiple motors?  Does it have a break out?  Is it a multi function cable powering a single motor?  Excuse my ignorance.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you are referring to using the assign circuit command to connect a plug box to a rigging hoist, you need to set the 'Circuit Assign preferences' dialogue to use 'Hoist'  and then set the 'Place cable id Field' and 'Assign data to multi break out field' settings appropriately.

The next and probably the biggest, issue is that the 'soca 7' and 'Hubbel for power and Data' connector/plug box types do not exist in the multi cable tool but do in the hoist object.

You can edit them into the multi cable tool using the plug in editor, but due to the nature of this plug in you would need to re-customize them every-time a service pack update is released, as service pack updates reset all the standard plug-ins back to default during the update process.

My college Brian,  made a really good guide for how to do this in the linked thread below

• Like 1