Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Obj by Criteria. Selected to Wrapper and Command won´t work

Hello All!

I´m trying ot get the hang of creating customn wrappers, commands and objects, but I´m hitting a brickwall here.
I manage to build a simple "extrude rectangles" network, but as soon as I wrap it, it doesn´t work anymore.
From the non-working wrapper is evident I won´t be able to build a commnad...
I´d very much like to build commands with the "Sel=true" criteria. Any hints to make them work if and when I solve the first problem??
I attach the simple examples just in case.OBJ by Criteria.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

When you use the "Sel=True" criteria in an Obj by Criteria node, the network will ONLY work once the network becomes a Menu Command. So when you are building that menu command, use a different criteria to test the rest of the network. When everything BUT the Obj by Criteria node is set how you want it, you change your criteria to be Sel=True, wrap it, and convert it to a menu command. 

As far as your wrapper in that file, I believe it is because the name of the wrapper is only a number. If I delete the name it works fine. When naming your nodes, you can use numbers but only after letters. If you use numbers at the beginning of the names of your input nodes, the numbers will disappear when the network is wrapped and instead be used to order the inputs in the OIP.

• Like 1