Automatic sheet layer sub-sheets for large schedules

JMR

Question

Hi all,

We often need to create a worksheet that fits on an A4  (or letter etc.), and, if necessary, automatically spans to multiple A4's. Currently this is not possible, as far as I know? One can of course manually set up sheets but the workflow is cumbersome and there are many practical issues with this system.

I'll give an example: For the builder, we need to print A4-size sheets or sheet sets for each room, listing everything that concerns that room. These include surface finishes, furniture, equipment, special considerations etc. It's a comprehensive room schedule that functions as a checklist fo the builder. We can set up the worksheet to do this, but we can't make the layout to work intelligently.

In other words, we need a sheet that has one title, eg. "Room 001", is A4 size, and automatically creates further sub-sheets if the worksheet does not fit onto one page.

I'm sure there are other cases that require similar approach, other than room schedules.

The need to create sub-sheets also arises with traditional large sheets, if the worksheet is long enough.

• Like 3

1 answer to this question

This could also be useful generally for large, long section view ports that need to span multiple sheets if we had a multi-page sheet layer. Give us one big space to layout and controls on the page breaks.

Would have an annotation space style thing that let us set thing that reduced the print area like title blocks and overlapping edges with break line and Refer XXX text.