Site modifier offset command

J. Wallace

Question

When adding multiple site modifiers to a site model, it would be awesome if VW had an offset option specifically for modifiers.

Perhaps a control that would allow someone the option of snapping to an existing modifier, this would automatically offset the new modifier by a per-determined distance (example might be 1mm). This way modifiers could be easily added to a model (in particular pads) without the inevitable conflicts occurring.

This would certainly speed up my workflow on some projects, thanks for considering this.

• Like 4

1 answer to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 hours ago, J. Wallace said:

When adding multiple site modifiers to a site model, it would be awesome if VW had an offset option specifically for modifiers.

Perhaps a control that would allow someone the option of snapping to an existing modifier, this would automatically offset the new modifier by a per-determined distance (example might be 1mm). This way modifiers could be easily added to a model (in particular pads) without the inevitable conflicts occurring.

This would certainly speed up my workflow on some projects, thanks for considering this.

I think this is a really nice idea.

• Like 2