Create report with quantity

SarahISO

Question

Hello, 

I am creating a report to list all the electrical symbols that I have in my document, sockets, switches, etc. I want to create a column on my report which lists the quantity of items, I can summarise the items but this does not create a quantity. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks. 

sarah 

6 answers to this question

Use the =COUNT formula in the database header for the column you want to add the quantity. Then you have to make sure that the box for sum items is checked. Also, be sure you are summarizing the column for symbol name. This will lump all of the similar objects together and add together their quantities. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Hi @SarahISO. I'm not sure what the nature of the symbols or plug-in objects are that you are reporting in the worksheet. Are they plug-in objects with inherent parameters/records already attached? Or are they basic symbols?

The reason is that in order to add a column for notes, some sort of additional record format is needed beyond a basic symbol. If you are using basic symbols, you could create a very basic record to attach to them, with the field "Notes". Then in your worksheet you could add a column that reports the "notes" record field attached to the objects and edit it there.

If these are plug-in objects, there may already be a notes or comment field to which to query and apply this information.

Hi Eric, 

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, got distracted with another project!

They are mainly basic symbols - i've found a way around adding notes now but I have another query...

Is there a way to calculate (and display in a worksheet) the total area of a wall if it has a 'wall recess'? 

See attachments - 1 I have managed to calculate the area of the wall and display in a worksheet as desired 6m2, however (see attachment 2) when I cut the wall recess out of the wall the number changes and becomes incorrect 3m2. Do you know of a way around this? 

I am trying to create an automatic scope of works which can be exported, showing all the doors/windows, sockets/switches, pipework, walls/floor/ceiling finishes - these with areas (using AREA for ceiling/floor and WallArea_Net for walls). I've managed to create this but am just falling down on the walls with recesses which is a big part of our projects. 

Thanks for all your help. 

Best Wishes, 

Sarah 

Attachment 1.pngAttachment 2.png

Edited by SarahISO