Hardscape in VW2020 went wild

Michal Zarzecki

Question

Hi all,

I just opened my BIM model created in VW2019 to make some exports for the other team members and things went wild. And wrong for my workflow.

All Hardscape objects just went mad. For example, the Edge hiding function doesn't work. Or works wrong, i.e. it doesn't hid/show the next edge but a random one. When I move to the next vertex and try to show/ hide nothing happens at all.

Secondly, things were assigned to wrong classes - for example my road kerbs are grass now.

What's even more interesting, within the same Hardscape some sections of my kerbs are showing one texture and somewhere else another.

image.thumb.png.6bc81fa89b1de06785778ed3b999fa3d.png

This is very unfortunate. What was meant to be a quick exercise, swamped me for some two hours, trying to understand what is happening and resolve the things, so at least a simple dwg can go to our partners.

I have a feeling that this efficiency curve which was meant to be delivered with BIM is not the case now.

Help please. Anyone else noticed similar behaviour in 2020/ after migrating?

1 answer to this question