Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

OIP Update problems

Sam Jones

Plug-ins that worked fine in 2019 are now having a lot of problems updating the OIP.  Path objects created in a new document that have a highly formatted OIP do not show any of the indents. If I open or activate another document and return to the new document the OIP displays correctly.

Selection Plug-ins that select by field criteria do not display the correct field values or the correct number of objects that are selected.  If I, as above, I open or activate another document and return the OIP displays correctly. 

Is there some new missing command or operation that I'm missing ?

8 minutes ago, Sam Jones said:

You might be able to help.  Perhaps your diagnosis and solution can point in a direction for me to look.  

Well it is difficult. I have already told what I knew. One possible reason why we had problems where that the format records for the PIO were already existing in the document. (We have not really checked, as soon as we have realized that it worked in new documents.)

However if you have your problem with all kind of documents, new or old, then our one-time experience is of little help. (Therefore my previous post.)

Hi Sam,

Try turning developer mode off. Looking at the cable tools, if developer mode is off when you open an new drawing, the OIP indents correctly. So this good news is that most folks aren't noticing this.

I don't see this in developer mode with my plug-ins, so there might be something up with the structure. The indents should happen in the Init event, not the widget prep event as you might expect. I also make sure to retrieve the index rather than hard coding it:

IF vsoPrmName2WidgetID('', paramName, widgID) THEN
			vsoWidgetSetIndLvl(widgID, stops);