signal & connection type

Thomas K.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There are a set of text files that ConnectCAD uses a set of text files to store this type of info.

To add a new connector or signal type you open the appropriate file and add the new types, make sure you follow the format that is used in the text file!

The files are located in the Vectoworks application folder,

Vectorworks 2020 > Plug-Ins > connectCAD-Data

The files are clearly labeled and can be edited with any text editor. It is a good idea to make a back up copy of the files before you make any changes

Also the custom connectors and signal types will only be available in your copy of VW. If you want to have them available in project sharing environment or for colleges to be able to use the new connector and signal types, they will need to do the same customization in their ConnectCAD data files.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 1/31/2020 at 7:13 AM, jcogdell said:

The files are located in the Vectoworks application folder,

Vectorworks 2020 > Plug-Ins > connectCAD-Data

@JCodgell When modifying the signal types and connector types, I'm not able to see my new additions in a drop down until I restart Vectorworks. Is there function in ConnectCAD to refresh these lists without having to restart VW?

• 4 weeks later...