Reorder Navigation Filters

MadXD

Question

I can't seem to figure out how to reorder class filters.

• I assumed they would be listed alphabetically, but that was quickly debunked when new items did not automatically sort.
  • The Class Filters Manager [Organization>Class Tab>Manage Filters...] allows you to edit classes, but not manually re-order them
    • You can sort this list alphabetically by clicking the column header. However, this does not affect the filter list in the Navigation Palette.
  • Restarting Vectorworks does not affect the filter order.

I've found little to know info on filter ordering in VW help or these forums. Hopefully I'm just missing it and would love if someone could point it out.

Thanks!

FYI... I haven't looked for any videos on the topic. They're great for tutorials or new concepts, not as technical references. Write it down, make it a searchable... I don't have time to watch a video in the hope that it might answer a simple question.

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 12.30.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 12.31.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 12.31.11 PM.png

Edited by MAD-LD
additional clarity
  • Like 1

2 answers to this question

Not yet, unfortunately. Within 40 days I had lost all of my normal work for the year… can't say I've had much reason to poke around Vectorworks. Let's hope they fix it by SP4 in VW2021.

This is actually one of the smallest problems I've encountered under VW2020—to the point I truly forgot about this post. I ended up much more concerned with repeated loss of data, corrupted files and the unreliability of simple concepts—like an undisturbed asset remaining at the coordinates where it was placed.

My time off has helped me gain perspective enough to question why we pay so much every year for software that isn't stable or reliable for 6-8 months after the public release. Can you imagine if Microsoft had these problems with every new Excel feature? The financial world would lose its mind.