Ability to tag walls in Workgroup Reference files

Christiaan

Question

Apparently we're unable to tag walls in Workgroup Referenced files with the new Data Tag tool. I'm pretty sure a loss of functionality as I believe we used to be able to do this with the old ID Label tool.

We'd need this functionality please.

And my preferred way to bring this functionality back would be to get rid of Workgroup Referencing and replace it with something else:

Edited by Christiaan

2 answers to this question

I'm told the reason this functionality was removed is because of the way Workgroup Referencing and the Data Tag work. If an object is tagged with the Data Tag tool in a referenced layer and then the referenced layer is updated, it's unable to know which object was tagged, because all objects from referenced layer are deleted and recreated again. So they removed that functionality. 

That's quite interesting because I think it reinforces my suggested solution to the problem, which is to get rid of the antiquated workgroup references and replace them with something smarter.

Edited by Christiaan
  • Like 2