Custom plant catalogs, Resource Manager, Plant Preferences dialog box

jmccain8

Can no one help with this? 

Thoroughly confused, after much trial and error.  How do you get custom plant catalogs to show up in the Resource Manager or Plant Preferences dialog box? I am hoping that it's possible to search for, access and select all plant catalogs from within the Resource Manager. Would have thought they'd show up in User Libraries. How do I save them in there?

In Landmark/Choose Plant Data Source dropdown box, I am offered two options: Plant Catalog or Vectorworks Plant Database, both which are stored in my Vectorworks user file system.

This is the path on my computer for Plant CatalogC:\Users\jmcca\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek\Vectorworks\2020\Plant Database.   Within this folder, I see a file named "_CatalogFileConfig.xml" along with several .txt files that came with the installation, as well as my own custom plant catalogs (.txt files). 

The Vectorworks Plant Database is stored in a sub-folder of the Plant Database folder: C:\Users\jmcca\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek\Vectorworks\2020\Plant Database\Vectorworks Plants, but my computer has also placed a Vectorworks Plants folder within my 2020\Libraries folder, though it is empty.

It seems like through my many attempts to understand the plant catalog features, my system has saved the Libraries within my Plant Catalog folders, and vice versa, and same with the Vectorworks Plants folder. 

Any advice on setting up an ideal file system so that my custom plant catalogs are accessible from the Resource Manager?

Thanks,

James

Edited by jmccain8
urgent help needed
  • Like 1