Vectorworks with Catalina and Sidecar..

I started using Sidecar with VW 2020. It works really well (so far). I keep my Resource mgr on the iPad screen. I keep VW on screen 3 and only when I'm on screen 3 does the resource mgr appear on the iPad. Its very cool. I've tried moving a detachable view to the iPad and it worked perfectly. I found an old iPad and through using Duet I can keep that monitor as a third monitor. The set up is very cool. Yes it all works!

Desk top.jpg

Edited by Andrew Pollock
added image
  • Like 1
On 1/24/2020 at 10:01 AM, rjtiedeman said:

DITTO... Is it safe to update to (Mac OS 10.15.2) Catalina for VW 2019 or VW 2020??

May be we should make this a separate topic to get noticed??

Good catch. I found this post as well and updated to Mac OS Catalina this weekend. So far all good with VW 2020.

As for SIDECAR: I already have 2 displays. My iMac Pro and my old LED Cinema Display. To run Sidecar just Turn on WIFI, add the iPad and rearrange the screens in DISPLAYS. I have been experimenting with SIDECAR and as an input device for Vectorworks it will take some major relearning. It is not like switching on my 3D connection device. Sidecar requires several steps.

NOTES:

1. It was working fine until I got a call (i needed my iPad) and when I closed SideCar with out first closing VW. VW crashed ASAP.

2. My 3D connection controller works great with the iPad screen.

3. VW menus show up on the bottom of the IPAD Pro screen. Very cool.

4. I like Sidecar but it will take some time to get used to all the input devices on my desk. I may have to go back to my 5' drawing table

Edited by rjtiedeman
  • Like 1