Importing a pdf file

Hi I’m not very experienced with Vectorworks but I have imported a drawing plan of a house in .pdf format into Vectorworks but seem unable to edit it.  I have managed to get the snap function working, seem to be able to add to the drawing but unable to edit parts of the drawing that were originally there when importing. 

very frustrating.  Don’t want to have to draw this out from scratch myself !! 

Any help greatly appreciated. 

When you ungroup you should get three objects. A bitmap of the PDF, a rectangle the size of the page, and a group with whatever vector information is in the file.

Delete the bitmap and rectangle. The group may well contain other groups of objects.

Many PDF files are not vector based and you will get almost nothing of use from ungrouping the PDF. Or you may get luck and everything you need will be there.

You may want to scale the PDF before you ungroup it to get it close to real scale. Find something that you know the dimension of and use the Symmetric By Distance mode of the Scale.. menu item to measure what is there and type in the correct size.  Since you probably can't snap exactly on the PDF, you may need to scale again after ungrouping.