Louise

I'm new to Vectorworks, working on a Mac OS10 (mojave) so forgive me if this is a stupid question..... I cant work out how to see the Templates I’ve saved in the Templates folder. They are only accessible if I create a new document and then access them via the drop down list that appears. If I go to Applications/VW/Libraries/Defaults/Templates to find them, there is nothing there. Its almost as if they're invisible. I've followed the instructions in VW help to change the User Data Preferences but it hasn't helped. any ideas? 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Choose Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences and click the User Folders tab.Then click Reveal in Finder. This will take you to the User Folder. This is where you will find your templates and any other customisations. The Applications folder has the original installation, but customisations are stored in the User Folder.

Vectorworks actually has three different places things can be stored. The Application folder (where you looked) which is recommended to be used only for things that ship with Vectorworks as a future upgrade may overwrite them. The User Folder, and the Workgroup Folder. Unless you are working with others and specifically need to set up things to be shared, you will not need to worry about the Workgroup Folder.

The user folder is found on your Mac at the path Your User Name:Library:Application Support:Vectorworks:2020: and then the Libraries path you specified above. Tamsin gave you the short way to find it.

When you save templates, workspaces, etc. they save to the user folder so you don't have to worry about them being overwritten in the Application folder.

You may also want to edit your profile to include your system information and VW version as a signature to make it easier for us to help you in the future.

• Like 2