OpenGL erroneously rendering extents before cut plane of Section Viewport

Christiaan

Question

6 answers to this question

Hello,

I am having the same problems. Have created a design based on a cylindrical shape with internal components. I section the model from the design layer (using the section line tool or clip cube does not matter, I get the same results) and the render will disregard the position of the section line and come out showing the exterior view of the Cylinder  as if I had done a front on exterior elevation, although the section style information will display correctly.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

why is this issue still not sorted?!!!!

The lack of any sense of urgency to sort these issues is just shameful.....ive just wasted an afternoon wondering what was going on with my section - sometimes its fine and redraws correctly, this afternoon it just won't go away....and show extents before cut plane is off/tried on and then off.....you name it I've tried it this afternoon - not impressed...

Bifold doors and round window are supposed to be 'behind' the view...

1460662158_Screenshot2020-06-16at15_21_43.thumb.png.d5c8b5d4a0ad2e5463c84c7df7a6be13.png

Edited by neal-2002

In 'advanced properties' for the highlighted section > change 'extents before cut plane' to 'Finite depth' =1 seems to be working as a workaround for anyone having this issue...(so it only shown 1mm of plane behind the view..)

but - we should be having to do this!!

Edited by neal-2002

We've also been having this issue in our office but the workaround has only worked for me.

Only difference between our machines is that I have 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 memory running on an older system while they are running 24GB 1800MHz DDR3 on a newer system. Is this simply an issue of amount of available memory?

Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed in 2021?

As Neal says, why after almost a year of this issue being known is it not solved?!

• Like 1

Due to upgrade to 2021 this weekend so fingers crossed 🤞

Also we upgraded my colleagues workstation to 32GB RAM in the hopes it would resolve the issues for them but it made no difference, so who knows what the issues was.

EDIT 19.10.20 - Updated to VW 2021 over the weekend - Happy to report interior elevations appear to be working a lot smoother and visualisation issues haven't been evident so far.

Edited by DuncanR
update following VW version change