Object gets smaller when converted to instrument

B PT

Using VW 2018 here. When I convert an symbol to an instrument it shrinks down although the scale remains the same for the layer. I can't seem to be able to rescale it to its original size :/

We made an object with autocad that is closer to the ETC ColorSource Cyc we are using. I converted it the object to a symbol and then to an instrument as I saw in the manual to get the necessary data such as channel, dimmer, colour etc. When converted to a symbol is fine but when I convert to an instrument using spotlight, it changes size for some reason? I tried to find the answer online but I failed.

Thank you for you help.

I'm pretty sure that this happens when the symbol is scaled prior to converting to an instrument.

Before you convert it, look in the OIP.  There will be a pulldown for Scaling that is either None, Symmetric, or Assymetric.  If there is any scaling, there will be one or 3 Factor fields.

I'm pretty sure that when you convert to an instrument it resets the scaling to none (or the factors to 1).

So make sure the symbol isn't scaled before you convert it.