DISAPPEARING LIBRARY INSTRUMENTS

If you look at the attached drawing There are two Mole Richardson soft lights attached to the taildown Pipe Stage Right. I got the symbols from the VW library. they refuse to appear in the drawing. They are the same class and on  the same layer as other instruments. WHY? Why wont library symbols not appear in the drawing. I even tried to pull units from other drawings that worked. and they disappear again as soon as I place them on the drawing. 10 VERSIONS OF VECTOR WORKS AND IT IS STILL AWFUL. 

POWER ICA .vwx

It sounds like a class visibility problem.  If the internal components of the instrument are in different classes than the instrument itself AND those classes are not visible, then obviously the object will not be visible.

With most relatively complicated objects (doors, windows, instruments, etc.) the objects coming from the VW libraries almost all have multiple classes to the internal objects.

The Active Only class visibility setting is not useful in most cases any more.  Set the visibility of all your classes to Visible and your Class Options to Show/Snap Others and I bet your instruments will appear.

• 2 weeks later...