ConnectCad 2020 - Number Cables

Dima

Good Day.

I have a issue with Cable Number.

I just want to move and turn the Number a bit (#097), but can not find correct way how to do it. 

Only one thing that i can do is ungroup a cable line, when it possible to move, but when i am loosing a connection. 

Looks like i miss something, please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Dmitry

Example.JPG

Hi Dmitry

I have a feeling that you are using a layer scale that is not 1:1 which might account for the strange text sizes. It's best when starting out to begin from the ConnectCAD template  and then branch out from there as you get more familiar. At the moment ConnectCAD schematics should be drawn at 1:1 scale. Essentially schematics are Not To Scale drawings so it shouldn't be a problem to have them at 1:1. Supporting other scales is in our future plans but the truth is that the benefit is quite smal in the end for the amount of work. Ok, so I digressed a bit...

Now to answer your question. No you can't move the cable number, it's part of the Circuit object and the orientation is determined by the Circuit path.

Hope that helps.

Conrad

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Conrad P, @Dima,

12 hours ago, Conrad P said:

No you can't move the cable number, it's part of the Circuit object and the orientation is determined by the Circuit path.

Actually, the offset of the number from the socket it is connected to could be modified from ConnectCAD Settings dialog for all Circuits in the file.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 2 weeks later...