Did you know...

Conrad P

3 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Did you know...

You can easily find out what's new in ConnectCAD in the help site, by checking the New Features page and searching for ConnectCAD there. For example, here is the 2022 New Features page - https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2022/eng/VW2022_Guide/LandingPage/New_features.htm#h

I love that CC v2022 workflows are linked in that table! These are great next steps following VU (mostly v2020).

BTW the documentation in the Help app gets better every year 🙂

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 6:04 PM, Conrad Preen said:

Custom fields in 2020 explained

And how to use them in worksheets reports.

image.png

CustomFields1.pdf 864.99 kB · 105 downloads CustomFields2.pdf 2.12 MB · 84 downloads

Are custom fields still available in vectorworks 2022, I can't find the .txt file in "Plug-Ins/connectCAD_Data/CustomParams.txt."

Ans if I modify the dev rec, Custom parameters aren't added to the Object Info Palette

thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 minutes ago, Ben59 said:

Are custom fields still available in vectorworks 2022, I can't find the .txt file in "Plug-Ins/connectCAD_Data/CustomParams.txt."

Ans if I modify the dev rec, Custom parameters aren't added to the Object Info Palette

thanks

Hello @Ben59,

You have to manually copy the CustomParams.txt from the app folder to the user folder and then you can make your changes in the user folder. However, you can only use the given custom params in that file - user1...user8 and you cannot add more params than these. You can still give them any names that you want to. And finally, make sure you restart VW after you have made your changes to the CustomParams.txt file, so that the changes take effect.

If you have any troubles with these, please start another thread in the forum and we can continue this discussion there.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 2:43 AM, Conrad P said:

Did you know...

how Connector Panel devices and Equipment Items work together in ConnectCAD 2020? Here's the definitive guide.

ConnectCAD 2020- Visualizing connector panels.pdf 2.25 MB · 291 downloads

When I click the Get Connectors button, nothing happens.

When I double click the Connector Panel, it's empty.

When I use the Connector Panel tool on the Schematic Layer, it's very different from what the Help file says. For example, none of the physical dims are intact (even though they share the same name). So, I think I'm missing a steps somewhere in this workflow.

For context, I'm running HD-SDI and 4K-SDI, so I just need to insert several 3D BNC wall jacks. I will also have to do this with several Duplex wall outlets that, unfortunately, were installed separately.

962526499_ScreenShot2022-06-07at8_07_13PM.thumb.png.adb7868fcc0ee232a9fa51a63183f190.png

• 7 months later...
On 5/16/2022 at 4:03 AM, Conrad Preen said:

Here is Niko's Data Manager video

tells you how to set up a data mapping so that your custom record is added to every new Device. You can also see examples of this in the ConnectCAD templates.

This was a very helpful video! Thanks for posting!

Is there anyway we can map text inside our Device Symbol (dev_label_generic for example) to our custom records? I can't seem to get my custom device labels to display text from these records.

The only way I can get text from these records to display is by adding text directly inside of the device itself (as shown in the video).

13 hours ago, Daniel Dickman said:

This was a very helpful video! Thanks for posting!

Is there anyway we can map text inside our Device Symbol (dev_label_generic for example) to our custom records? I can't seem to get my custom device labels to display text from these records.

The only way I can get text from these records to display is by adding text directly inside of the device itself (as shown in the video).

Hello @Daniel Dickman,

Which version of Vectorworks are you using? In 2023 the records attached to the device get attached to the device symbol too, so you can add linked text in the symbol if you want to.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 3 months later...
On 5/18/2020 at 11:51 PM, Conrad Preen said:

You can add Signal and Connector types. Have a look in your user folder under Plug-ins/connectCAD_Data and you'll find the files SignalTypes.txt. and ConnectorTypes.txt. Questions:

- Where's the User Folder? Go to Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences and select the UserFolders tab. You'll see where the user folder is in the dialog.

- Those files aren't in there - what now? Add the files attached to this post to get you started.

- OK got the files - how do I add my signals etc.? Open the files in a text editor. They are simple tab-separated text and the first row is a header showing what the columns do. Here's a picture. Just add as many rows like this as you need.

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 16.43.19.png

SignalTypes.txt 57 B · 82 downloads ConnectorTypes.txt 40 B · 70 downloads

I didn't have the ConnectCAD_Data folder in user folder and plugins, I added it and added the files and nothing appears in the device builder? Yes I restarted VWX. Any ideas?

4 minutes ago, JamesW said:

I didn't have the ConnectCAD_Data folder in user folder and plugins, I added it and added the files and nothing appears in the device builder? Yes I restarted VWX. Any ideas?

The Application folder has a bunch of plugins but the only connect CAD related is connectCAD.vwlibrary

15 minutes ago, JamesW said:

The location of this folder changed to "Libraries\Defaults\ConnectCAD\" so you should be looking for it there.

• 5 months later...
On 5/18/2020 at 3:51 PM, Conrad Preen said:

You can add Signal and Connector types. Have a look in your user folder under Plug-ins/connectCAD_Data and you'll find the files SignalTypes.txt. and ConnectorTypes.txt. Questions:

Is this method also possible to add cable types?

When adding different additional cable types in the settings dialog, i can´t assign them to an existing type like Audio/ Video etc.

4 minutes ago, bjoerka said:

Is this method also possible to add cable types?

When adding different additional cable types in the settings dialog, i can´t assign them to an existing type like Audio/ Video etc.

Usually types added in the user and workgroup folders go in the user/workgroup categories so that they get listed on top of the lists for faster access.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone!

If your rack names look like this when you've created a rack elevation viewport, this is why.

Even though the viewport is set to Hidden Line render, objects that have no fill are rendered as wireframe because they can't hide another object seeing as they have no fill... right? So when you have Fill = None in the classes CC-Rack3D-Graphics-Top and CC-Rack3D-Text-Name the top of the rack will be see-thru meaning that you will see both the front and back labels of the rack.

So to avoid this at least in the viewport class overrides give those classes a solid fill and the rear text won't show.

image.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...