Unstyled wall attributes keep reverting

jcrock

The Line weight of a Bearing Wall I that I have been using keeps reverting back to 0.5 after I change it to 0.35, and save the new setting.

I tried using the 'Making all attributes by class' option which makes no difference and the Classe attributes confirms a specified line weight of 0.35 in the Organisation window.

Any advice welcome.

Guest Wes Gardner

@jcrock, I created a class called [Fat Line Class] and pointed the wall style (Bearing Wall 200mm) at it so it will use that attribute.  Is this what you wanted?

In this "simple" wall style that doesn't have components, you need to use the "Make All Attributes by Class" button as you've described but in the "Edit Wall Style" pane under the Insertion Options tab, you have to assign it TO A CLASS.  For more complex wall styles that have multiple components, the Class in the Edit Wall Style pane  (Insertion Options tab) becomes the CONTAINER CLASS and the attributes for the container class are assigned in the Wall Attributes pane (use the "Make All Attributes by Class" button.)  You can then assign different attributes to your various components in the Component Edit pane (I've attached a screen shot that shows a wall style with multiple components)

I've included your file with the adjustment

Wes

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 11.06.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 10.42.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 10.42.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 10.43.20 AM.png

Villa No.2 wg.vwx