Hardscape 2020 - Handling Levels

Hi all,

All the best in the New Year (two weeks in, but hey ho!).

I wonder if anyone has already built some experience with the so much awaited Hardscape tool that allows for more realistic design of levels.

We have just started a new project in 2020 and had a first attempt at it. And we struggle 🙁. Probably it's something we haven't caught just yet. For example, we don't understand the levels.

A tiny example: We are creating a path along a building with the FFL at say 50.650. What we want to do is to define grades with the proposed levels or gradients and expect the Hardscape to reflect that.

When we propose a Grade along the path to be at 1:60 from 50.650, the result appears 50.650 m above our surface - which means it is relative to the slab and not absolute. If we draw it from 0 at 1:60 then it works. Is there a way to change these to work with absolute values?

The alignment settings are set to: Align with Objects on 'Same layer as Hardscape object'.

However, the building slab and the Hardscape slab don't overlap/ touch each other, so I can't identify why my Hardscape is governed by the building slab.

Where is the part I don't get? Any advice?

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 6:54 AM, Michal Zarzecki said:

The alignment settings are set to: Align with Objects on 'Same layer as Hardscape object'.

However, the building slab and the Hardscape slab don't overlap/ touch each other, so I can't identify why my Hardscape is governed by the building slab.

I've found it can be more useful to have it align to objects on no layers at all and place a Grade object along the edge to define the elevation.

Edited by bcd
  • Like 3