Exporting DWG with out-of-date viewport

Hello,

I couldn't find related thread even though a question seems trivial. 

I can publish pdf without necessity to update all viewports anew. It is very useful especially if there is a minor mistake which affects only one sheet.

I amend mistake, update relevant viewport and republish the set. 

image.thumb.png.462f1f1f0980c4679a30552e9773d9fc.png

But it doesn't seem possible when exporting DWG. Vectorworks will still update all viewports on all sheets even if I simply change date on titleblock etc.

Is there a way how to avoid updating viewports exporting DWG?

Thanks you in advance. 

What version of Vectorworks are you using? In 2020 with a test export I don't get the updating all viewports when exporting to DWG.

Actually, the options you are showing do show when e.g. publishing to PDF.

When "publishing" to DWG/DXF or using the export to DWG those options do not show.

Are you exporting a mixed set of file formats (e.g. PDF and DWG) simultaneously? Then it may not be the export to DWG that triggers this behaviour but another file format that is also being published.

16 hours ago, Art V said:

What version of Vectorworks are you using? In 2020 with a test export I don't get the updating all viewports when exporting to DWG.

Actually, the options you are showing do show when e.g. publishing to PDF.

When "publishing" to DWG/DXF or using the export to DWG those options do not show.

Are you exporting a mixed set of file formats (e.g. PDF and DWG) simultaneously? Then it may not be the export to DWG that triggers this behaviour but another file format that is also being published.

I am using Vectorworks 2019. I’ll try it in 2020 tomorrow.

I exported a bunch of sheets, 97 to be precise, to PDF with that boxed unchecked. It took a couple of minutes. 
And then I selected all sheets in ‘publish’ dialogue window and changed exporting format from PDF to DWG/DWF.

But this time I have no control over weather I want to update viewports or do not and Vectorworks graciously update them all for me.

Probably my exporting options are poorly optimized but it took two hours to complete exporting. 

Most of the time I use the export route instead of publish when generating dwg files from VW files and have relevant viewports updated before starting an export.

Though publish is convenient when you want to export multiple file formats in one go, the disadvantage is that you have to export everything to the same folder and then redistribute if necessary. If you want to predetermine the save location you'd either have to do multiple publish runs or use export, then there is little difference between the two for when it comes to DWG export in most cases (unless you have different settings for multiple files of the same type, then publish does have some convenience advantage over export when exporting to multiple dwg files one by one).

For your usage case export would probably be the better option to use.

Edited by Art V