Custom Rack Sizes/Connectors/Signals

Wade

Hi Conrad, good job with the integration of ConnectCad and VW. So far very easy and intuitive. 

Where do we modify the list of Rack sizes now?

I've found ConnectorTypes.txt and SignalTypes.txt in C:\Program Files\Vectorworks 2020\Plug-Ins\connectCAD_Data 

So I have been able to modify my signals and connectors.

I've had a bit of a look and not been able to modify Rack sizes yet. 

Thanks,
Wade

Hi Wade

Glad you like it !!! We have certainly put some hours in...

Moving from Vectorscript to SDK has brought many benefits but we did lose one thing - ability to customise plug-ins. So the Rack size choice list is fixed I'm afraid. In the next service pack we have all Rack sizes from 1U to 45U. What sizes are you missing?

Conrad

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Wade You should make sure that you save a copy of your modified .txt files somewhere on your desktop as well.  When Vectorworks gets updated through service packs or new releases the .txt files that are in the installer may override your custom changes and you will have to do the work again to modify your signals and connectors.  I am not saying this will happen but just wanted to give you a heads up so you don't risk losing your work and can just replace the .txt file quickly.

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...