Measure Area tool

techdef

Question

7 answers to this question

Guest Frank Brault

Actually it turns out I think, that you can successively measure points with the AR tool in a space and if you end up on the starting point, Vectorworks will create a polygon out of it...

Guest Frank Brault

Hey techdef and markdd! I definitely did NOT call this by the right name, LOL! The AR-Measure tool (Augmented Reality) is part of our Nomad app that runs on Android and iOS. More info and a link to a video is available here:

16 hours ago, techdef said:

like the tape measure, but for area. Polygon, fill etc... 

The object info palette should show perimeter and area by default. Is this perhaps missing from your object info palette?

image.thumb.png.b75f3bea6a147a75ee9262574118b4ef.png

If you have multiple objects selected it will give the combined (total)  area of those objects.

Edited by Art V
1 hour ago, Art V said:

The object info palette should show perimeter and area by default. Is this perhaps missing from your object info palette?

image.thumb.png.b75f3bea6a147a75ee9262574118b4ef.png

If you have multiple objects selected it will give the combined (total)  area of those objects.

Art, yeah that's easy if you have objects. I used that tool daily in Acad for schematic level stuff, and for getting room sizes right

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 8.55.52 AM.png