nboret

Help! Spotlight- Including new lights

I am new to using vectorworks, and I am struggling with including new lightings instruments. I am trying to add some movers to my plan, and whenever I try to a message saying a format named parts already exists. I then merge it and the lights appear in my design layer, but then don't appear in sheet view. What am I doing wrong?

in the vectorworks help, if you scroll down after launching it, in the main window there is a sort of step by step for Spotlight.  that might help you out.  also look on youtube for some tutorials.

Likely, if you ha ve a SLVP already, the movers are in a new class and that class is turned off in the OIP for th VP

these are classes that are used to make the Instrument, not the class it is on.  they should begin with Lighting-

To access them, select the VP, click the classes button in the OIP and search 'Lighting" they may be used on the geometry within the symbols