Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

export and import 'negative' polyline

hagemeijer

Thank you Joshua, strange I didn't see that before...

I have another question for the creation of a polygon and or polyline:

with getObjectVariableInt (h, 696) I get the fill type of the polygon.

If I want to set the type with  setObjectVariableInt (h1, 696, str2num(s)) where s is "2" for a solid color I get an error that constant 696 is not supported for the handle. h1 points to a kpolylinenode.

Can someone please help me with how to set the fill type?

Hello Raymond,

695 works ok! The confusion is style vs type...

I am building a way to select items in a drawing, export these to a text file and reproduce the drawing from the text file. The text is stored in a database and I can be selected from the database to add to a drawing, to add details to the main drawing.

Creating an arc can be done 2 different ways but I think center and radius is the easiest. Does anyone have a solution to get the radius of a drawing. I must be again missing something, but I can't find a objectvar or procedure to get it...

You may want to try File>Export>Script. This will show you what data gets set via direct function call verses object variables. For most Set... commands there is a corresponding Get... command. 

Typically you want to look at the function reference first, and only look at object variables when they are not otherwise obtainable with a command. 

This is a little less obvious with an arc. You can use Get2DPt to get the center (index 1) and a point on the arc (index 2) and calculate the radius. http://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php/VS:Get2DPt

@hagemeijer ,

If you have a handle to an ARC (or CIRCLE) object, you can't GET the radius directly, but you can calculate it:

GetArc(H, Start, Sweep);
      Radius := hPerim(H) / Deg2Rad(Sweep);

where "H" is the handle to the object.

OR as Josh says:

Get2DPt(H, 1, Pc.x, Pc.y);
    Get2DPt(H, 2, P1.x, P1.y);
    Radius := Norm(P1-Pc);

where "H" is a Handle to the object and Pc and P1 are Vectors.

Raymond