Why does adding a design layer viewport crop affect visibilities?

Boh

Thanks Wes. Since my last post I've actually reorganised my drawings so that the floor plan was no longer a referenced file which solved the issue for me but ideally I wouldn't have had to do that.

So in case there is a bug (which looks likely) then here are stripped out site plan and referenced floor plan files. They are v2019.

Cheers

Site Plan - VP Crop affecting visibilities.vwx Floor Plan Ref file.vwx

Thanks Art. You are onto something there.

There is no remote object in the referenced file that I can find.  In the referenced file zooming to extents with all classes/layers on zooms in tight to the floor plan.

However in the master file, with only the DLVP selected, zooming to extents zooms way out.

When the objects using the floor tool are deleted from the referenced file and updated into the master file then zooming to extents in the master zooms in tight to the floor plan just like in the referenced file.

Clearly some bug with the floor tool in refenced DLVP's.

Guest Wes Gardner

@Boh...just FYI, when I first opened the site file, there was something "out in left field".   I created a new file and referenced the Floor Plan file into it and it seemed to work just fine.  I tried cropping out half the building and it still seemed to work fine..I DID NOT find the offending element "out in left field"  Keep in mind, I'm on 2020.

Wes