File/Date Stamp...

Does anybody know a better way to use the File/Date stamp system? After talking with Tech support today I was made aware that it does not do a live update. You have to manually replace the file each time you want to print. This isn't exactly what I had in mind. What do others use? They mentioned perhaps a macro or something that can be imbedded into the file? Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Patrick

I have turned my File/Date stamp into a symbol. So with the symbol put on multiple sheets, all I have to do is update one instance of the symbol for all of them to update. Updating is easily done via the check/uncheck method as above. Additionally I have included my logo and a file path into the symbol to make it a lot more useful. (A file path tool can be found at Vectordepot.)

Kevin, the filepath tool places a description on your drawing such as 'HD:Users:John:Documents:Designs:Client1:Houses:17ParkDr:Draft3". This then gives you the actual file name (as distinct from your project name which might be different) and lists the file hierarchy - which will help you find the file as referenced on the print. Note that the filepath also does not update automatically, however, changing your folder structure should be avoided where possible (it messes with the open - recent function, for one)