Stake Tool

Robert D

Hi,

I have been unable to find a way to search the discussion boards, hence this New Topic...

On a design layer, I have traced a bitmap image such that I am able to snap to the "lines" (representing contours) created on the image.

When I use the stake tool, there is no label so I am unable to see the elevation that I entered for each stake.

On a tutorial that I watched, there is a dashed outline, representing the stake tool label, that appears when the tool hovers over the page.

I am sure this is a newbie mistake that I am making but I am unable to find how to turn the stake tool label on for my file---I thought it was a default option?

Thank you.

Robert D.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Before you insert the Stake, click the Stake Tool Preferences, upon the Tool Bar. Here, you can choose the desired Label Reference. Click OK and then insert the Stakes. If you've already inserted many Stakes, use the Select Similar tool to select them all, and then change the Label Reference field on the Object Info palette.