Lift

Angelica

Hi guys! I'm just learning vectorworks, and I don't undestand how to use the tool for the lift/elevator. I mean I have an eight-storey building and I'd like access to the cabin repeated level by level. I can't find enough tutorials on the subject to figure it out. I hope I've made myself clear and thank you in advance if someone can help me. 

Hi Angelica, all you can do with the lift/elevator tool is to 1) place and set your elevator on one floor (inserting it into a wall) 2) create an elevator style, if needed (VW2020 only) 3) copy-paste it on each floor.

Besides creating an opening when inserted in a wall, there is no other smart behavior (e.g. slab modifiers, top and bottom, etc) using the the elevator tool, which is basically a 2d/3d parametric symbol.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

You can apply a texture to the doors, door jamb and cab.

Create classes for each for example "Elevator-Door, Elevator-Jamb, Elevator-Cab"   Attach the texture you want to each of the classes.
In the OIP for the elevator open the classes dialog box and assign the class to each of the elements.

Elev 1.jpg

Elev 2.jpg

Elev 3.jpg