Sign in to follow this  
johnharley

Stipple tool

Use the Objects from Poly command to convert existing geometry (already in your drawing) to a Stipple (or one of the other objects defined by a path).

I must be missing something. When I try this I don't actualy see any thing, although the new object has grips and the smart cursor "blips" on them. ???

I am using a drawing set to "use layer colors", will it pick up the color from the layer?

[ 05-10-2004, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: johnharley ]

When using the stipple tool, is it necessary to draw the area/shape you want to stipple? Or, can you copy an existing shape? I am trying to apply the stipple to a site that has an irregular shape (it would be a bit of a pain to re-trace).

also, has the stipple tool replaced the "material fill? I can't seem to find material fill.

I doubt that layer colors has anything to do with it. More likely it's the default settings are producing a stipple with no elements. Select the stipple, click on the Settings... button in the Info palette, and try increasing the density slider somewhat.

john. you have the same questions i had a while back. material fill is still available but you have to retrieve it from your workspace editor.