Hello Community!

This Saturday, April 11, from 9am – 1pm EDT we will be performing maintenance on the Vectorworks Community Board. During this time, the site will be unavailable.

Question

I just today noticed a feature(?) in my smart cursor, in some situations.  It's a little magnifying glass icon with an exclamation point in the "glass" area.

It appears during pre select hover at a snap point, but only in certain zoom ranges and not at all snap points.

Zooming in or out enough removes it, but zooming back reestablishes it.

Not all snap points receive this icon

I have seen it at beginning of cursor cue for symbol Insertion Point, Arc, Top Center, probably some others that I did not notice.

What is purpose of this icon?

Is there an associated notification and a keystroke to access?

Seems it might be warning that other snap points exist within the snap radius, suggesting zoom in to verify desired point?

Or?

-B

Cursor Info.png

3 answers to this question

This is to inform you that there are other snap points within a tight radius of the currently acquired point. You may want to zoom in, or use the snap loupe, to acquire your desired point.

• Like 2

Thanks Stephan. That’s what I surmised , but could not find documentation. It’s another almost-too-small-to-see interface feature. I wasn’t sure it was a magnifying glass until I zoomed the screen 📺.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
Geezer

Thanks Benson for question, thanks Stephan for explanation. These are little things that count on when working efficiently with program.

Me myself was asking many times what this little icon means but never find time to investigate.