Windows are confused about what is Front/Exterior vs Back/Interior

Christiaan

Question

Anybody care to explain what's going on here?

In both of these screenshots the window on the design layer is shown from the Front (exterior). But look at the preview in the Window Settings. It doesn't match.

If we look at the Front preview (which I understand as the exterior because it correctly shows my exterior frame colour) the sash configurations appear to be flipped relative to the external view of my window on the design layer. If we look at the Back preview (which I understand as the interior because it correctly shows my interior architrave colour) the sash configurations appear to be the same as the external view of my window on the design layer.

Very confusing and it's only now that I'm doing meditation that I've been nail this one down. 😂

1542117108_Screenshot2020-01-10at11_05_11.thumb.png.9a2d1f0ef105f9aa1ba6dde304c5ed0f.png

554705621_Screenshot2020-01-10at11_05_20.thumb.png.35dc04cf88ff4c337c78b9058f60dabe.png

example.vwx

Edited by Christiaan

4 answers to this question

What I find odd in the first example is that at first it looks like the window flips/mirrors when you take it out of the wall, so the front becomes the back when looking from the same position.

When putting it back into the wall it flips/mirrors again to how it looks in the screen capture.

However it are only the frontmost and backmost parts that flip, as the rest of the window parts don't seem to flip.

With the second example the same thing is basically happening when you take the window out of the wall and then put it back in.

I doubt this is how it should be.

Edited by Art V
  • Like 1