Custom Sash Options should be explicit about which side the user is looking at

Christiaan

Question

In Custom Sash Options the user interface needs to be explicit about which side of the window the user is looking at. "Front" or "Back" in VW parlance**. Otherwise how is the user meant to know which side they're looking at other than trial and error. It's not even explained on the Help page.

**I would also prefer the words "Outside" and "Inside" despite that both sides of a window could logically be inside. "Front" and "Back" is a matter of perspective. If you're inside then the inside of the window is "front". If you're outside then the outside of the window is "front".

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 10.30.06.png

Edited by Christiaan
  • Like 2

2 answers to this question

56 minutes ago, JMR said:

Indeed, apparently this "bug" is still there?

That's a slightly different issue, and one I just so happened to submit a bug for on the JIRA today, called:

VB-167506 - Custom Sash Options hinge marker direction should be same as user preference

The issue I've identified above is that you don't actually know what side of the window you're looking at in the Custom Sash Options window.

• Like 1