Please restore the Keyboard command for Wall Replacements

Jim Smith

Question

This is an old request that I can't find on the BB that I want to re-request and as I've not yet updated to VW2020 it may be a moot request.

In past interactions of VW prior to VW2014 (?) one could align replacement walls by using the keyboard to choose where one wanted the replacement wall to align, right, left, centre etc. and this function has never been added back. For those who didn't use it, it was similar to what happens when one uses the Align command. Here's what I mean:

Align command allows one to us a keystroke to choose alignments of object chosen:

Untitled1.jpeg

Unless I'm missing a setting, no amount of moving my facial features allow me to do the same thing with replacing walls I have to move the mouse to the dialogue box and choose my selections with mouse clicks:

Untitled.jpeg

Edited by Jim Smith

4 answers to this question

Hi @Jonathan Pickup ,

The issue is in the past we could use a series of Keyboard Commands to choose where my replacement walls align to. Now one must use the mouse to select the replacement's position, just slows me down and every time I use the replace wall I get PO'd because we used to be able to use the keyboard to accomplish this task & now we don't. A little annoyance I know, but how hard can it be to re-introduce something that was there since the dark ages? Plus as I've illustrated, the keyboard command works for Align / Distribute and lots of other tools & commands allow for keyboard shortcuts why not wall replacement?   

Edited by Jim Smith
  • Like 1