Existing/proposed model issues

Ylenia

Hi guys, 

i´m sorry if my question to you VW-veterans might look stupid, but i really need some help with this.

In my existing model I used site modifiers to show an existing ramp for cars that from the street level goes to the building level.

In my proposed model this ramp has to go away and everything has to be even out at the building level. (There would be a retaining wall along the street)

Now I tried to draw the ramp both with grades and pads applying only to the existing model and it works fine ( I think, at least it´s shown correctly in 3D), the problem comes when i want to fill everything.

How can i do it?

I thought the easiest would be drawing a pad on top of it and apply it to the proposed model, but it doesn´t work because the proposed model still shows the ramp as if the pad on top of it would not any effects inside it, but just along its borders.

Could someone please help me?
Did I draw the ramp wrong in the first place? Shoul I have used something different from the Site Modifiers?

I´m still at the beginning I don´t know so many tools and i couldn´t find a helping tutorial.

Thanks

It sounds like your problem might be overlapping site modifiers.  My understanding is that you can not overlap any site modifiers, including existing vs proposed site modifiers. You can try adjusting the existing site model without using site modifiers (e.g. change the underlying points or contours before generating the model), and only use site modifiers for the proposed changes.  

https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2020/eng/VW2020_Guide/SiteModel2/Correcting_site_modifier_conflicts.htm

It would be nice if the site modifiers for the existing and proposed model should be treated independently and be allowed to cross.  

I added a wishlist item - please follow the link and vote it up (triangle at the top left corner).