Vision without dongle

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

As of Vision 2019, serial numbers are supported. HOWEVER, Vision requires a dongle in order to use MANet. (This was a restriction placed on Vision by GrandMA). I'm not sure how easy it would be to switch you over, but I'd either call in or see if someone jumps in here 😉

Perfect!! I had no idea 😛 (sorry, I'm just a lowly programmer 🤣)

Glad you found everything you needed to get up and running.

If you have any questions, feel free to search the forums or create a new thread!

14 hours ago, AlexSawaya said:

it does not appear on DMX provider MA-Net

Inside of your Vision installation folder, there should be a DMX Providers directory with some dll's in it. If you are missing the MANet.dll in this folder, try repairing/reinstalling Vision to "bring it back" 😉

Thanks for your answer.

I do the following: uninstall vision 2020 and MA vision Driver.

Install Vision first and then the driver.

Same problem. Now, I reinstalled Vision 2019, and it works perfect .

Copy the driver from 2019 to 2020 and Vision 2020 from the folder and although grandma now appears, it does not work.

For Arnet, it works perfect.

Interesting.... I would've expected that to work!! Good attempt 😄

The dll for MANet should be the same between 2019 and 2020. In fact, if it were to break my best guess is that it would've broken going from 2018 to 2019.

So, it sounds odd but the fact that 2019 is working for you is really good! That is the release in which we dropped 32bit support entirely.

I'm going to ping @klinzey, @BrandonSPP, @BSeigel, and @Mark Eli in hopes that one of them may know what it going on!

You may also considering calling in to Technical Support and seeing if they can work through the problem with you over the phone 🙂

3 minutes ago, AlexSawaya said:

I will follow your advice. When I come back on tour, I'll call.

Thanks !!!

Please follow up! I like being in the loop on these things so next time someone asks I know the answer 🤣

• Like 1