Dimension tool

jcrock

I am a beginner working with VW Architect 2020.

At present the dimension tool enables me to see the measurement between two points, but no longer provides the attached window box with the dimension inside it after clicking the mouse. Instead, only the dimension lines are visible on the drawing.  I don't know if I have unwittingly done something to change the settings or if the tool has a bug.

I hope this is clear. I'd very much appreciate help me with this ? 

• Like 1

There are a couple of options:

1. There is a box on the Object Info Palette (OIP) for Show Dim Value. With this unchecked the dimension text does not display, only the lines. I don't think there is a way to manually uncheck this by default, but if you use the eyedropper tool  with Pickup Sets Defaults, it is possible to get this turned on.

2. What Text Style are you using for the dimensions. If it is Unstyled, then the text size and font are controlled by the Text menu options. It is possible to have set a very tiny font size that is basically invisible.

3. If you are using a Text Style that uses a different Class than Dimension, it is possible that the class is set to invisible so the dimension text is not showing.

Ask again if you need more help.

• Like 1