ryanww

Device - Custom fields

Hello,

I'm trying to get this new version setup and its quite a bit different from what I was shown on the pre Vectorworks version. How does one go about adding a custom field for devices i.e. an IP address field?

Additionally - it would be great to really have a much more in-depth manual on this plugin. There is absolutely zero information and what info is available is dismal at best. All of the old stuff has now disappeared. 

• Like 1

Hi Ryan

Apologies for that. Getting integrated into a larger organisation has its issues. I was told that this info is in the Vectorworks University now. I'll try and track down a link for you. Meanwhile here are the how-to articles I wrote.

Conrad

CustomFields1.pdf CustomFields2.pdf

• Love 1

Thanks Conrad - very helpful.

Couple more things:

1) how can I change the text color of connector labels on a device? Currently magenta.

2) can we add additional signal types (like Cresnet is missing for example) and connector types? I'd love to customize this list to not be so long. I'm never in my life going to use SCART or half of the others on here

• Like 1

Hello @ryanww,

17 hours ago, ryanww said:

1) how can I change the text color of connector labels on a device? Currently magenta.

You could do that by editing the symbol that is used by the device for its labels. You could see which is the symbol from the Device's OIP.

17 hours ago, ryanww said:

2) can we add additional signal types (like Cresnet is missing for example) and connector types? I'd love to customize this list to not be so long. I'm never in my life going to use SCART or half of the others on here

- For signal and connector types there are similar files as the CustomParams.txt located in the same folder - SignalTypes and ConnectorTypes. You could edit these files or add modified versions of them in your user folder. However, if you want to remove an entry from there you will have to edit the app folder file, which is usually not recommended.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Love 1

Also don't forget that most of these elements inside system symbols are in the 'Sys-xxxx' classes. So have a go changing the class attributes for a faster way.

Conrad

Good day.

I am trying to get a Custom Fields in to Cable or Device Report.

But right now there is no pop up window appear, there i can chose which Custom Fields i want to have in Report.

Please advice how to do this.

Thanks in advance 

Dmitry

Hi Dmitry

Here's an example: I've enabled a custom Device field, given the Devices on my schematic some values for the custom param, and created a Device Report. Then I inserted a column of my own into the Report, enabled View > Database Headers and added the formula '= (Device.user1) and recalculated. Then the values appear.

930840312_Screenshot2020-01-17at23_03_06.thumb.png.05d5c63430b1c9a3727c0188ca0f98eb.png

Best

Conrad

• Like 2

Good evening again )

Short  question. Is ti possible to add more Custom Fields, more when 8?

I am  trying to add more, but looks like i miss something. 

In Custom Params i added 2 more fields: 9 and 10, when i added same fields in dev_rec, but unfortunately can not reach fields 9 and 10 in Object Info.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Dmitry

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Hi Dima

At the moment the limit is 8 custom parameters. We'll be looking at making these unlimited in a future version. You can play with which ones are text fields and which are choice lists. If a choice list is present then the parameter will be formatted as a dropdown, if it is not present then it is a edit text.

Conrad