Turn Braceworks off?

I am referring to the automatically inserted Truss Crosses (see the attached screenshot). They are automatically generated and seem to get placed in the active class. For me, Braceworks is an add on that I have in case a client insists on using it. This happens for me maybe once or twice a year.

I have my own load calculation process and I am leaning towards uninstalling Braceworks completely. There are too many limitations in the plug-in to work for me.1471237240_ScreenShot2020-01-06at7_24_19AM.thumb.png.bf18d5884d2e85cca7b51d2b25863538.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There are 2  way to deal with this is

method 1

once you have your truss system laid out

select one of the truss crosses and in the OIP use the select objects of same type button, then click the classes button and change the geometry field to a new class so you can control the visibility as desired.

Currently this method only affect the truss crosses already in the design and will not automatically be applied to any truss crosses generated after doing this.

method 2

set up the automatic truss classing in the Spotlight preferences (Loads and Rigging pane), to class the trusses at insertion and then set your active class to something else, for example Rigging-truss cross.

This will ensure the truss crosses are created in a separate class so you can control the visibility without having to do any extra steps

I will make a feature enhancement request to add the Truss Cross Classing to the preferences so it can be set as a Spotlight/Braceworks default similar to how the truss and fixture classing can be set up. As you point out not everyone wants to plan rigging and this would be a good quality of life improvement

• Like 3