Plot does not match screen view

Guest Alex Sagatov

@KBallantyne It is a little hard to tell from the images. Just based on the images, my guess would have been the option for "Export Patterns at on-screen resolution" in the export options and that you were overlaying those portions as 2D fills in the annotations; however, if these are textures, I wouldn't expect this to effect it. It might be worth a try anyway.

If that doesn't do it, can you confirm for me what render modes you are using? Are you using OpenGL to get this result?

Alex - I thought it was uploading but it appears not to be.  It's a 94MB file, does that matter?  It seems to get only so far then just jams up.  The progress bar on my browser has it stopped between the 'r' and 'w' on vectorworks in your address line (if that makes sense), and hasn't budged.  

Guest Alex Sagatov

@KBallantyne I don't see anything uploaded yet, so it might be stuck or trying to finish up there. 94MBs should definitely be able to come through that link. I would let it go another minute. If it still hasn't moved, you can try it again. If you have the file already in a cloud/sharable location like Dropbox, you can also send me a direct link (direct message it to me).

Guest Alex Sagatov

That's lovely... it seems to have deleted all my text and only kept my image 😐

Let me try typing this all again...

One piece of clarification in case someone runs into this in the future: In this case, we are talking about a 2D fill (tile fill) in the annotations of a viewport. Not a texture (I was through off because you mentioned texture mapping). This isn't wrong or anything, it is just a different workflow that requires looking in different areas.

The issue here is class related. Right now, if you edit the geometry of your tile, you will find all of the geometry of the tile is in the "None" class. This class is actually turned off in your viewport. If you edit your viewport attributes to make the None class visible, it appears to export properly.

I will need to mess with this a bit more in the AM. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around if this is a bug or not... The "None" class is NOT visible in the viewport currently. The "None" class is however turned on in the document itself. This is why you are seeing the geometry on screen. The geometry in question is within the viewport annotations and a tile resource. It appears Vectorworks is showing you the geometry in the program based on your navigation visibilities, but it is exporting based on the viewport visibilities... The fact it is showing it on screen but exporting different definitely makes me lean to a bug, but its also an odd set up. I will test a bit more 🙂

Guest Alex Sagatov

@KBallantyne That does appear to fix it in your file in my testing. When you turn on the None class, an object does appear far off to the left that you may want to delete as well.

I will do some additional testing in the morning and I will confirm if this is technically a bug or not. If it is a bug, I will provide you a bug reference number. If it is technically working properly, I will see if I can explain it in simple terms based in a new file because I'm confusing myself testing it in your file. 😅

@Alex Sagatov Much appreciated.  At this point I'm more concerned about being able to just make the thing print - it seems to have worked on my end.  

Just an aside, I don't see how you were able to get to find that the texture was on the None layer.  When I click on it it shows being on a Dtl 2 layer (I know my layer control sucks, but hey).  Would this be checked in the Resource Manager?

Guest Alex Sagatov

Here is what I am seeing and how I am accessing it. --- In the Resource Manager, make sure you are looking at the Tiles, and then edit the "Alum Roofsiding..." one. The geometry found in there is in the None class (at least, in the copy of the file you send over).

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 6.03.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-02 at 6.03.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-02 at 6.03.25 PM.png

Guest Alex Sagatov

@KBallantyne I ran some additional testing this morning and it appears to be an issue in the graphics module. If you were to go to Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display > and swap the navigation graphics to one of the lower options, the geometry would disappear as expected. In your case, the wanted fix is turning on the None class in the viewport; however, you did find a bug in the process! I have submitted this to our Engineering Team for further review (Reference Number: VB-167390).