Viewports Changing As I Edit

Hello all! I'm a real newbie to Vectorworks :)

I've made a simple floor plan and I wanted to start making viewports of the room areas on one sheet and the overall dimensions on another sheet. (I've made sure all my classes are correct and every object is assigned to the correct class.)

I have made the sheet layers titled (Sht-1 - Ground Areas) and (Sht-2 - Ground Dimensions)

With my design layer active, I create a viewport.

The viewport transfers perfectly to the corresponding sheet.

I adjust the scale of the viewport on the sheet and then return to my design layer to continue building.

With the design layer active, I delete all of the text boxes with the areas in. 

But, when I go back to the sheets to look at the viewport I just made before, all of the text has gone on there too. 

I don't want my viewports to update and mirror the design layer as I'm changing it - I want it to just be a static 'screenshot' that doesn't change when I continue building my model on the design layer. 

I know it's possible to do this because I took a workshop class and we made viewports like this - really can't figure out how to re-do this step!

Any help is appreciated - thank you! 

:)

The viewport is exactly a mirror of what is on the Design Layer.

Viewport Annotations is where you put objects like your text boxes that you only want to show on one viewport but not others.

Go to the sheet layer, select the viewport, right click and choose Edit Annotations. From there you can draw anything you want. Put dimensions, notes, specific details, etc.

Alternatively, put the objects you only want to display in some viewports in separate classes and set those classes to visible/invisible as necessary in the viewports. When you don't want to see those objects as you are designing just set those classes to invisible.

• Like 1