line weight for Detail Callout Marker

bc

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi @bc,

The markers themselves are being pulled from symbols in the default libraries, which can be found under Applications > Vectorworks 2017 > Libraries > Defaults > Detail Callout Marker > Detail Markers.vwx.

If you open that file, you can edit the symbols or customize them any way you wish. If you do, I'd recommend then saving the updated file into your user folder instead, as the default library may get reverted when updating the software.

To find your user folder, go to the Vectorworks Preferences and click on "Reveal in Finder" in the last tab. Then navigate to the same subfolder as above and place your file there. Your custom markers should then populate the tool (though you may need to restart Vectorworks).

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

THANKS ANDY,

When I go there,  open the Detail Marker file, there is nothing there.  All layers and classes are visible and set to modify and I select all.

And there is nothing at all in my User Detail Marker file.

What might I be doing wrong?

I'm on 2018 BTW, sorry.

Edited by bc

Although the symbols might not be placed into the drawing area anywhere, they should exist in the Resource Manager. Make sure the file is selected in the lefthand column, and that the filter dropdown menu at the top says "All Resources" or "Symbols/Plug-In Objects."

812757366_ScreenShot2019-12-27at4_45_18PM.thumb.png.d46da5bc9ef6a4eeb2bd231ab5b81b5b.png

By the way, if I modify default symbols, I also tend to add my initials to the symbol name so that it's very clear later which ones are mine.