How to give plug-ins textures?

AnaisR

If it's going to use the same texture across the object, click on the Texture tab in the OIP and apply it there.

You can also use class attributes to assign a texture to all objects in that class.

If you want different textures on different parts of the object, unfortunately you'll need to ungroup the object to separate out the parts you want a different texture applied to.

[ 02-10-2004, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Hiya everyone.

I am working with the Nuts and Bolts 3D tools and would like to give them some textures I have defined. What is the best way to do this?

I have tried converting to NURBS and that works, but is there something I can do to apply a texture *and* keep the plug-in data accessible?

cheers.

anaisr.

Hi Katie.

If I apply a texture directly to a plug-in, it does not render, even under Fine Quality Renderworks. I need to convert them Nurbs first.

Also relating to a previous conversation: I think you said there was a Online Manual on this website, but I can not find one, is there one?

anaisr.

What I uaually do is to set up classes for the different metals - Steel Class, Copper Class, etc. In the Classes dialog, edit the class and assign a texture to the class. Now all you need to do is assign the class to the plug-in and when rendered, the plug-in will contain the texture assigned to it's class.

Tom Urie

Nemetschek, N.A.

yes that works.

I was trying to get info about "generic solids" and you said this was an addition to 10.5 and there was no information about GSs in the manual, but that there was some on the website.

I could not find any. I am looking for the properties and possibilities of Generic Solids.

anais.r.

I am mistaken, in the post I am talking about, you (katie) said I should find info about Generic Solids in the help file for 10.5.

However there is no reference to generic solids in the help file for 10.5. Nothing in the index and nothing in the 'editing 3D objects' chapter.

anais.

OKay we're talking about different things.

The PDF help file I was referring to is the Mechanical Help file.

The Generic Solids command is a Foundation command, thus in the Foundation Help file (help folder PDF).

But since it's new to VW 10.5, the book material isn't changed. Thus, the new documentation is in the "release notes" folder of the VW folder.

"Doc Update" is the word file you want.