Batch Convert :::: in place??

Just make a duplicate of your source folder before doing the batch conversion, and choose the duplicate folder as your destination folder when doing the conversion.

You will get a warning that the destination folder contains VectorWorks files and that they may be overwritten.

This should overwrite all the VW files to version 11 and leave the other files alone.

Good luck.

hi just upgraded from 9.5 - 11.5. have been looking into the batch convert tool.

so far so good. have run some tests and it converts files fine and workgroup references are maintained. i am about to try and convert a project folder with 3-400 vw files.

is there a way to convert the files 'in place' - ie the converter overwrites the original file rather than puts them into a new directory.

our file structure is such that certain folders contain both VW files and other types of file.

the converter recreates the directory structure in the destination folder, but it doesnot copy non VW files. so i will be left with a copy of the directory structure containing newly converted VW files, but without all the other work files!!

as it stands i will then have to move the VW files/folders back into place overwriting the old ones.

i would rather backup the project folder and then convert in place if this is possible.

any suggestions?

thanks,

Chog.