Class visibility shortcut for selection

B-McG

Can someone tell me if there's a shortcut to change the visibilities of objects I select?   I.E. select several objects of which have different classes and change the class visibility of all of them at once.

Thanks and sorry if this has been covered already.

Bill

Have you looked at the Visibility Tool?

It doesn't work on selected objects like you asked.  It works by invoking the tool and clicking on the object to change the visibility of the object's class (or layer).

The keyboard short cut is V.  And if a class is invisible, holding down the V will make invisible classes temporarily appear.

Nice one, Mark!  Never tried that before.

Way back in the way old times (before I started using VW) there used to be a Hide Selected and Hide Others command.  Then there was a Show All to restore.  At least that's my understanding of it.

The commands are gone, but I think the vector scripting functions are still there.  I know they worked a year ago.  I've played around with those scripting functions, but I temporarily "lose" enough objects by assigning to incorrect classes.  Don't need more ways to make stuff disappear. 🙂