No textures in 2020 SP2

1608chris

Question

I'm using VW 2020 SP2 on MacOSX Catalina. All texture information has been stripped from edited wall types and Open GL rendered panes in my previously functioning 2019 files.

When editing components and classes, no information is shown under the heading textures. I literally can't find a texture edit option anywhere.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Seems like a major issue if so as it prevents me effectively editing the model junctions and appears to be interfering with rendering of sections.

12 answers to this question

Guest Alex Sagatov

@1608chris - If you check under View > Rendering, do you see the Renderworks options here? If so, do they work?

If these options have disappeared or do not work, this likely indicates that something is blocking the Cinerender app (what runs Renderworks). Did you recently install any new software on the machine?

Guest Alex Sagatov

@1608chris Double clicking the Cinrender app found here ( /Applications/Vectorworks 2020/Renderworks ) shouldn't result in any progress. The Cinerender app must launch along side of Vectorworks.

The most common cause for this would be some form of security software. Did you install any new software recently? Did any security software recently update?

Guest Alex Sagatov

In that directory, you should find an app called "CineRenderNEM".Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 3.04.54 PM.png

If you aren't seeing it there, that could definitely indicate the issue. Let me know if the repair fixes it. If it doesn't do you see the other items in the Renderworks folder?

Having a simlar issue with the repair function of the updater.

I have been speaking with Tech Support (Dylan Resnick) recently due to a random crash that I can't definitively tell is the issue.

When I tried to repair (currently on SP 2.1) it's stuck on 38% with the error "A connectivity issue has been detected, retrying..."

More times than not the package file it stops on is "gcs.override.csv" or "SP2-windows-vision-common.zip"

Hope this helps to solve the problem, because Vectorworks is almost unusable for me.

Edited by DustinDMillerDesign